The iFunding team is excited to announce that we are raising a round of financing for our own company. What better way to do this than to use the same crowdfunding principles that we live by day-to-day? You can read all the investment details at www.crowdfunder.com/ifunding. We encourage investors to consider participating directly in our company’s success by owning equity in iFunding.
Our Expansion Plans
After a year of raising tens of millions of dollars for nearly thirty real estate projects, and introducing the industry’s first mobile investment app, iFunding is ready for its next growth stage:
- Real estate operations, including market analytics, deal sourcing, due diligence, entity setup, legal filings and compliance, financial reporting will be scaled up to manage more deal flow.
- Greater ease-of-use features and richer deal information will be deployed on our web and mobile platforms.
- Marketing, especially online real estate education programs, and digital/social outreach will spread the word about crowdfunding to more investors and property developers. Meanwhile, an account management team will work with the most prominent investors and family offices.
Those who are accredited investors are invited to read our investment materials and participate in our corporate fundraising via www.crowdfunder.com/ifunding. Individuals will be asked to verify their “accredited investor” status via online income verification or a letter from your lawyer or CPA. And, if you haven’t already, take a moment to acquire a free account here at www.ifunding.co to be able to browse our real estate investment opportunities.
Because much of iFunding’s business model is based on receiving a profit when our real estate investors do the same – we feel this approach aligns our incentives with our investors – capital is needed to expand operations in this stage of our growth. We are now raising $1 to $2 million ($1 million is our target, $2 million is the cap), which will bridge the capital already contributed by select customers, business partners and colleagues of the firm, and an A Round planned for 2015. We feel this is the most effective sequence of funding in order to facilitate growth while managing the strategic direction of the company. As the future A Round will leverage venture capital and real estate industry financing, effectively, individual investors can benefit from crowdfunding to participate now at preferential terms, with a low minimum investment ($10,000).
Our founders, William Skelley and Sohin Shah, were recently reflecting on how quickly the real estate crowdfunding market has grown, since their idea for the company emerged in 2012. “There were a lot of people who thought that real estate crowdfunding couldn’t become a reality, as recently as 2012 when we were starting up. It’s been amazing how knowledgeable investors and leading-edge developers have supported crowdfunding and iFunding so confidently.”
The market effectively went ‘live’ a year ago, when companies including iFunding started listing their first investment opportunities. Our average internal rate of return in the first projects that have been completed is more than 20%. More recently, the analytics firm Crowdnetic determined real estate to be the largest industry participating in “private securities, publicly raised” (i.e., crowdfunding). Given that total worldwide real assets are worth more than $25 trillion; over $150 billion in real estate is transacted each year; and at least $25 billion of that is from individuals, we see plenty of room for future growth.
We’d like to thank several partners that have assisted with this fundraising round.
- We chose to list the investment at Crowdfunder, because Crowdfunder’s site makes it easy to read about and compare business equity investments, communicate information with potential investors, and because of their reach. It is the number one ranked equity crowdfunding site on Google, with over 77,000 registered users and $56 million committed across investments-to-date.
- Further, we have partnered with Accredify to manage verification one’s “accredited investor” status. Investors generally need to demonstrate a certain level of income or liquid assets in order to participate in private securities. The Accredify site allows an investor to either use an easy and private verification of income against tax records, or to upload a verification letter from one’s CPA or attorney. That single verification can be used with a wide range of investment sites, including but not limited to iFunding’s.
- Finally, our thanks goes to Tommy Hawkins of Hawk IV Productions for producing our introductory video on the investment site.
The iFunding team will continue to work every day on expanding access to quality real estate investments, and providing greater value to you. We welcome questions via 844-367-4386 or email@example.com.